Master's Degree Program in International Relations (MIR Program)
School of International Studies at 188体育官网
Master’s Degree Program in International Relations
About the MIR Program
The School of International Studies at 188体育官网, hereinafter referred to as SIS, announces the establishment of a Master’s Degree Program in International Relations (MIR). for international students and applicants from the Chinese areas of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao. Those who have a strong interest in international relations in general and Chinese foreign relations in particular and have obtained a solid undergraduate educational foundation are welcomed to apply.
Combining empirical and theoretical approaches, this program focuses on in-depth studies in politics, foreign affairs, and social development of contemporary China, with courses taught and theses written in English. This program guarantees a small class as there will be only 20 members maximum enrolled in 2009.
Experiencing a 2-year full-time academic program of MIR at the School of International Studies, a master’s degree in International Relations will be granted by 188体育官网 upon completion of required credits, a degree thesis, and an oral defense.
For more information regarding the introduction to SIS, the curricula, as well as degree and application procedures, please visit our website at www.sis.pku.edu.cn where you will surf with more details.
1, Only international applicants and applicants from Hong kong, Macao and Taiwan areas of China are accepted into the MIR Program.
Foreign applicants should bear valid passports issued by their countries, while applicants from the Chinese areas of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan have to be eternal inhabitants.
2, Applicants should at least have a bachelor degree or above.
3, Applicants from the countries and regions where English is not the official language, or they were not educated with English when at university, are required to provide valid English test certificates - IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 627 paper, 263 cbt, 107 ibt. For Writing, a minimum TOEFL 5.0 or IELTS 7.0 is required.
According to regulations of China’s Education Ministry, applicants are NOT required to go through an entrance exam.
1. Fill out the “SIS Master’s Degree Program Application Form,” downloadable from our web resource;
2. A curriculum vitae;
3. A personal statement to describe the applicant’s purposes, interests, and research plans;
4. An original certificate or its notarized copy of your highest education thus far;. (A notarized copy in English is required if the original document is neither in English nor in Chinese)
5. An original transcript / school reports, or their notarized copies; (A notarized copy in English is required if the original document is neither in English nor in Chinese)
6. Valid English test certificates - IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 627 paper, 263 cbt, 107ibt;
7. Original reference / recommendation letters from 2 faculty members / scholars
8. A photocopy of passport (in validity);
9. One 2-inch personal photo.
* All submitted materials are not rendered..
How to Apply
Applicants should email the required materials to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and then mail the hard copies to the Office for International Programs, School of International Studies, 188体育官网. Beijing 100871, China.
When to Apply
Applications accepted from February 25th , 2009, to May 5th ,2009. Early application is highly encouraged as the opportunities are limited. Offers will be sent to you in the middle of May, 2009.
RMB400.00 Yuan or US$60.00 is charged for per application.
Please remit to Mr. ZHANG Chunping, SIS, 188体育官网, Haidian District, Beijing 100871, China.
* The Application Fee is not rendered.
The offers will be sent to applicants by both mail and email.
Early September 2009, at 188体育官网 in Beijing
Please refer to your Admission Confirmation letter
RMB60,000.00 Yuan a year at 188体育官网
Certified by the Degree Committee of 188体育官网, a Master’s Degree in International Relations will be granted upon completion of required credits, a Master’s thesis and an oral defense.
Tel: 8610-6276-5111 Mr. ZHANG Chunping / International Affairs Officer
Add: Office for International Programs,
School of International Studies,
Beijing 100871, China.
Welcome to visit www.sis.pku.edu.cn for more information.